Custom report with a spot displaying the most recent change to the data

Jump to solution
09-18-2017 02:26 PM
DavidBuehler
Occasional Contributor III

I am working on a report that will display benchmark elevations from a database table.  A helpful display field in the header would be the last time something was modified. That way a user can quickly see if their copy is out of date.  I am not seeing a way to put the most recent time stamp for all the records in a text box in the header of a report generated through arcmap.  The end goal would be to automate the updating of this report periodically and put the report out for public to use.  I don't think doing it this way is possible, but I am open to suggestions and better ways to automate a report with custom headers via python.

Any help would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidBuehler

Solved this problem with a reporting service (SSRS).

View solution in original post

3 Replies
KevinDunlop

I would look into using editor tracking.  This will timestamp the update date field with the date and time it was updated last.  It is then a matter of adding the update date field to the page header.

0 Kudos
DavidBuehler

I get the time stamp of editor tracking.  What I cannot figure out is in the report designer, how do I get the box in the header to list the most recent edit change time stamp for which ever record had the most recent change.  Is there a formula that needs to happen in the properties that I am not seeing?

0 Kudos
DavidBuehler

Solved this problem with a reporting service (SSRS).