Copy GDB - Error 000260

Jump to solution
11-01-2022 01:24 PM
Labels (2)
ModernElectric
Occasional Contributor III

I am working with ArcMap 10.5.1 and ArcGIS Pro and recently, in the past few months, have been having issues using the Copy tool in my Python script and in ArcCatalog to copy my working GDB(s) from my local drive (C-Drive) to our network drivers (Y-Drive). The purpose of this is our network drives are backed-up each night versus the data on my local hard-drive. 

I have been getting ExecuteError: 000260: Failed to Copy.

Not sure why this has become an issue since I have not had a problem in the past. 

I can copy the GDB from location to location on my local hard-drive, but NOT from the local hard-drive to a network drive.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ModernElectric

UPDATE

Talked to our IT Department who manages the networked drives, the particular directories I was writing to were compressed, unknown to myself. After they decompressed those directories, the ArcPy Copy Tool worked like a charm with no error code(s).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor

This sounds like a network resource issue (server side anti-virus complications, for example). It might be useful to use the OS to copy the files one at a time, to see if you get an error.

For backup purposes, you might be better off using a zipfile (written locally, then copied to the file share) to archive contents (if coding it in Python, you can even skip lock files on export)

- V

0 Kudos
ModernElectric

Vince:

I talked with our IT Department regarding this issue. They say our Anti-Virus software shouldn't be affecting anything. However, if the drive folder is compressed/uncompressed, does that have anything to do with it? The drive folder I am writing too may be having issues due to that compress/uncompressed process our IT department has in place. 

0 Kudos
ModernElectric

UPDATE

Talked to our IT Department who manages the networked drives, the particular directories I was writing to were compressed, unknown to myself. After they decompressed those directories, the ArcPy Copy Tool worked like a charm with no error code(s).

0 Kudos