Change GDB Version in ArcCatalog?

Jump to solution
04-04-2019 05:07 PM
SeanBirney
New Contributor II

I'm trying to switch to different a different user version (other than sde/default) in arccatalog using the following information from ESRI.    Connect to a specific geodatabase version—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

All my versions are listed in the transactional version dialogue box but the version never changes from default when selecting another version from the list. Is there an ingredient I'm missing?

Thanks for the help

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
leomonterol
Esri Contributor

Hello Sean,

Where is the sde connection file stored? (E.g ArcCatalog's Database Connections folder/other folder). I've seen this behavior when the user trying to change the versions does not have write permissions on the sde connection file.

Also, have you tried to create a new database connection and changing the Geodatabase version afterwards?

Regards,

Leo

View solution in original post

2 Replies
leomonterol
Esri Contributor

Hello Sean,

Where is the sde connection file stored? (E.g ArcCatalog's Database Connections folder/other folder). I've seen this behavior when the user trying to change the versions does not have write permissions on the sde connection file.

Also, have you tried to create a new database connection and changing the Geodatabase version afterwards?

Regards,

Leo

SeanBirney
New Contributor II

Thanks Leo,

The location of the sde file was the problem, moved it to a more permission friendly environment and now the version change sticks.

Thanks again,  Sean

0 Kudos