Can I use an OR clause in a topolgy

Jump to solution
06-01-2017 01:44 PM
jameshickey
Occasional Contributor

I am trying to figure out how to set a rule in a topology that states "Point must be covered by line type 1 or type 2".

Is this possible? I would like to make sure all fittings are either covered by a main water line or a secondary waterline. The best I can tell, I can only use 1 water line at a time which shows errors for the fittings that are covered by the 2nd line type as well as any that aren't covered by the first.

Thanks!

ArcMap advanced 10.4

Windows 7 pro

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AbdullahAnter
Occasional Contributor III

may be you don't need to create topology. Just select by location the points that intersect lines type 1, then add to current selection points that intersect lines type 2.After you finsh this selection switch points selection and you will get all points that not covered by lines type 1 nor lines type 2.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AbdullahAnter

may be you don't need to create topology. Just select by location the points that intersect lines type 1, then add to current selection points that intersect lines type 2.After you finsh this selection switch points selection and you will get all points that not covered by lines type 1 nor lines type 2.

jameshickey
Occasional Contributor

Thank you! That will work just fine. 

jameshickey
Occasional Contributor

Well, this would work except in my Desktop I cannot add to selection while using the Select by Location. It always just creates a new selection. Any advice there?

EDIT** Actually it did work for me. I had to change the add to selection in the Select by Location window not not the selection tab.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
AbdullahAnter

Did you Choose the type of selection that you want to make? Using Select By Location—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

Add to currently selected features in

Choose your desired selection type