Select to view content in your preferred language

Batch projecting and overwriting symbolized and grouped data feature layers within feature dataset

02-22-2024 02:28 PM
tmo
by
New Contributor III

Hello,

Desired Outcome

I want to know how to properly overwrite feature datasets used for online maps (it is grouped and symbolized in a group layer I want to avoid configuring each overwrite), without creating a copy within my geodatabases.

Current Process

I have local C drive data which I work on and I (unfortunately for now) copy and paste into a shared (L) drive for data backups.

I take the L drive data and put it in another gdb (Service Data Layers) name, symbolize and configure for online use.

I have to batch project this data into wgs 84 (auxiliary) for ARCGOL. 

For when there are new data updates I tried batch projecting and then storing the backup data within the (Service Data Layers) geodatabase for online use, but it just creates another copy (Cities_1)and it doesn't update the existing layers which are configured and sitting in the table of contents.

Local

tmo_0-1708639432086.png

Backup 

tmo_1-1708639474786.png

Batched projected and symbolized data for online use

tmo_2-1708639517045.png

Batch Model Workflow (new and has never done what I want)

tmo_3-1708639625208.png

Symbolized and Grouped Data

tmo_4-1708640843088.png

Synopsis

I want to continue this process of using the backed up data which is copied over monthly, avoid reconfiguring symbol colors etc, batch projecting, and overwriting the existing feature layers (they are within datasets within the gdb) without it creating new copies.

The end product I would then overwrite my existing group layer on ARCGOL which is then placed into a web maps etc.

Thank you all kindly for your help, I don't know where I would be without this community.

0 Kudos
0 Replies