Question on P_DASurveyReadings fields

04-10-2023 07:02 AM
RichMosar
New Contributor

I have a question regarding the DASurveyReadings layer for the Direct Assessment surveys.  What would be the difference between the pson and the dcpotentialvolts fields?   In our completed DCVG surveys, our survey contractors provide the signal shift (mv) and overline remote earth (mv) voltage readings.  We are wondering if those values belong in any of the fields in the existing Esri data model, or whether we may need to extend it.  Thanks in advance!

1 Reply
JSchroeder
Esri Contributor

Hi @RichMosar,

Could you provide more details on the data and workflow you are capturing? Capturing signal shift and overline remote earth sounds more like indirect assessment and this feature class is geared toward direct assessment. 

From my understanding, many readings are taken via the indirect method which may (or may not) warrant storage in a system of record, but used to drill down on where to perform direct assessment. It is also my understanding that when doing the direct assessment, signal shift and overline remote earth are not taken. 

Thank you for posting the question. It is impossible for the data model to reflect each utility's unique workflows, and extending the data model to meet your specific needs is expected. That being said, I would like to learn more so we can be sure that the data model supports the workflows that are common to all utilities. Please also take a look at the P_CPTestPointReading and P_CPRectifierInspection to see if these would meet your need.

0 Kudos