Select to view content in your preferred language

Visual Studio 2010

01-25-2011 12:18 AM
MartinDaly
Deactivated User
Will a Visual Studio 2010 .lib and .dll be available before final release?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
LanceShipman
Esri Regular Contributor
Will a Visual Studio 2010 .lib and .dll be available before final release?

Currently, no. We plan on testing the Visual Studio 2008 .lib and .dll with Visual Studio 2010 before we go final. If we find a problem we will have to re-evaluate the situation and deal with it as time permits.
0 Kudos
MartinDaly
Deactivated User
Currently, no. We plan on testing the Visual Studio 2008 .lib and .dll with Visual Studio 2010 before we go final. If we find a problem we will have to re-evaluate the situation and deal with it as time permits.

Thanks for the reply.

However I've already tested it, and it did not work.

STL containers, such as string, wstring and vector, cannot, as far as I know, cross DLL boundaries where the caller and the callee are built with different versions of the CRT. They cannot even necessarily cross DLL boundaries where the caller and callee are compiled with different CRT flags, e.g. /MD versus /MT, or even /MD versus /MDd.
0 Kudos
Patrickvan_Dijk
Emerging Contributor

I would advice to have VS2010 libs (and perhaps a dll as well) as it is otherwise not possible to use this with .NET 4.0, as .NET 4.0 requires mixed mode DLL's to be built against vc100, not vc90; meaning the File Geo API lib needs to be built against vc100 as well.
0 Kudos
MarkPrins
New Contributor
What's wrong with not using .net at all?

(http://docs.python.org/library/ctypes.html)
0 Kudos