Select to view content in your preferred language

File Geodatabase API at ArcGIS 10

12-04-2010 06:12 PM
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor
Getting closer!  Call for Beta participants from the Geodatabase team...

Thanks for your interest in the File Geodatabase API.   The beta program for the File Geodatabase API is currently planned to begin by mid-January.  We are compiling a list of sites who are interested in the Beta program, if you are interested, please send me an email (lshipman@esri.com) with your contact information.

We�??ll be posting more information to the Geodatabase blog as we lead up to the Beta.   http://blogs.esri.com/Dev/blogs/geodatabase/default.aspx

Stuart
0 Kudos
6 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor
Please read the latest Geodatabase blog post on this topic:

Hope this helps,
0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor
FYI: now available,

File Geodatabase API (beta download)

Hope this helps,
0 Kudos
Francisco_J_RP
New Contributor
Dear friends,

I try to rebuild the solution of samples.sln in Visual Studio 2010 and I obtain several errors.

I have several questions about it:

1. I download GLUT 3.7.6 and copy to the sample (display project). Do I must install it? The error dissapears but I don't know If the copy is correct or I need to install or compile the GLUT libraries.

2. About another errors I get the following errors:

Error 4 error MSB3073: El comando "xcopy /dy D:\Perfiles de Usuario\user\Escritorio\API BETA1 File Geodatabase\samples\..\bin\FileGDBAPI.* D:\Perfiles de Usuario\user\Escritorio\API BETA1 File Geodatabase\samples\bin\
:VCEnd" salió con el código 4. C:\Archivos de programa\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets

I got it in all projects.

Another warning is:
Advertencia 3 warning C4251: 'FileGDBAPI::Geodatabase::m_catalogROT' : class 'std::map<_Kty,_Ty>' necesita tener una interfaz DLL para que la utilicen los clientes de class 'FileGDBAPI::Geodatabase' d:\perfiles de usuario\user\escritorio\api beta1 file geodatabase\include\geodatabase.h

I need to make use of the Geodatabase API into my VB.NET or CSharp projects, but if I cannot compile it, how can I use it in my projects.

Is there any documentation about how to use it in .NET projects?

Thanks in advanced.

Francisco J.
0 Kudos
LanceShipman
Esri Regular Contributor
:I download GLUT 3.7.6 and copy to the sample (display project). Do I must install it? The error dissapears but I don't know If the copy is correct or I need to install or compile the GLUT libraries.

If you downloaded the pre-compiled version of GLUT then, no you don't need to compile it, otherwise follow the instructions included in the GLUT readme. Depending on where you install GLUT you may have to modify the project include and library directory paths and  dependencies. You will need to copy the glut32.dll to the bin (samples\bin) directory.

:
Error 4 error MSB3073: El comando "xcopy /dy D:\Perfiles de Usuario\user\Escritorio\API BETA1 File Geodatabase\samples\..\bin\FileGDBAPI.* D:\Perfiles de Usuario\user\Escritorio\API BETA1 File Geodatabase\samples\bin\
:VCEnd" salió con el código 4. C:\Archivos de programa\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets

Each project includes a post build step to xcopy the FileGDBAPI.dll into the bin directory. Since Visual Studio threads the build each project is building at the same time, you will see a collision some of the time. Build the solution again and the error will go away.

:
Advertencia 3 warning C4251: 'FileGDBAPI::Geodatabase::m_catalogROT' : class 'std::map<_Kty,_Ty>' necesita tener una interfaz DLL para que la utilicen los clientes de class 'FileGDBAPI::Geodatabase' d:\perfiles de usuario\user\escritorio\api beta1 file geodatabase\include\geodatabase.h

This is a harmless warning that will go away in the next beta code drop.
0 Kudos
DanielRouleau
New Contributor III

I resolved this problem on my machine by putting quote marks " " around $(SolutionDir)..\bin\FileGDBAPI.* in the post build step. The reason it was failing was because it was passing a string with whitespace into xcopy, which xcopy was taking to mean as separate parameters. I see from your error that your build directory contains spaces as well.

Daniel Rouleau
Telvent
0 Kudos
Francisco_J_RP
New Contributor
Many thanks Daniel, I will try it later.

Regards.

Francisco J.
0 Kudos