Print Widget EB 1.9.0

05-17-2021 01:51 PM

Print Widget EB 1.9.0

All,

Here is my Print widget for all of you to use.

What's new in version 1.9.0: 

1. Updated to work with EB 1.9

Note: This is for EB 1.9.0 or higher (not backward compatible).

Live Preview Site

To install this widget extract the contents of the zip file to your EB\client\your-extensions\widgets. So once you extract the whole path would look like: \client\your-extensions\widgets\print. Refresh your client and server windows (easiest way is to close both and 'npm start' them like you normally do to start EB). Next open the config.json and make your edits. Now the print widget will appear in your apps widget menu. Add the widget to your app. Now use the widgets settings panel to configure the widget.

Enjoy, Robert

Tags (1)
Attachments
Comments

Hi @RobertScheitlin__GISP , just found that the Print widget can't print out the title of the heat map legend. For example, the Legend displays like this:

Ming_0-1662661270840.png

After print out, like this:

Ming_1-1662661401738.png

So are there any suggestions and tips?

Thanks!

@Ming Sorry to say that that has nothing to do with the widget and everything to do with how the print service on ArcGIS server handles the heatmap layer type.

Thank you @RobertScheitlin__GISP for your quick response. Looks it is a known issue starts from 2015. The Web App Builder print widget can't print that, and just tested the latest Experience Builder print widget with ArcGIS Online also failed to print the heat map legend label.

Here is the official statement:

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/web-appbuilder/latest/create-apps/widget-print.htm

Ming_0-1662672707110.png

@Ming 

It should work from print service side. Please see this screenshot when I tried AGOL's default print service.

TanuHoque_0-1662857768024.png

What version of arcgis server you have? Is that a print service your published with your own layouts? If so, can you pls share your .pagx file?

Does it work fine if you have a layer with unique value renderer?

Thanks

Thanks @TanuHoque for your help, here is the test case, FYI:

1. With ArcGIS online account, create following web map with heat map legend:

https://esrica-ncr.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=b938b05720cf4cbe9dcbf41a12a64b7e

Ming_2-1662993280831.png

2. Open map in Map Viewer, then use the print button and check Include legend option:

Ming_6-1662994866204.png

Ming_0-1662993199242.png

3. The exported file has no heat map legend title:

Ming_1-1662993236017.png

4. Create following Experience Builder app and choose above web map, the legend widgets works:

https://esrica-ncr.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=7923156bc57046b9b82b8b35acfcf40d

Ming_3-1662994598992.png

5. Add the Print widget to the Experience Builder, and print with legend included:

Ming_4-1662994620502.png

6. The print result has no heat map legend title:

Ming_5-1662994648759.png

If you have any suggestion, please let me know, thank you very much!

Thanks @Ming 

Only difference that I see between your webmap and my webmap is that yours have client side graphics layer (aka feature collection) and mine contains a feature layer.

Would you mind update your webmap with a feature layer and give it a try? I just want to make sure I'm on the right track debugging this issue.

here is the url of the feature layer that I have in my webmap: https://sampleserver6.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/SampleWorldCities/MapServer/0

Thank you very much @TanuHoque 

As you suggested just did more test.

Yes it works for the feature layer you provided: 

https://sampleserver6.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/SampleWorldCities/MapServer/0

For our feature layer, the classic map viewer can print out the heat map legend title, but the map viewer still CAN'T.

https://msdidfo12.esriservices.ca/arcgis/rest/services/Hosted/CAPRI_Joined_ENGLISH_int/FeatureServer...

It is hosed on ArcGIS Server 10.81, and noticed that the Drawing Info says "Unsupported Render: heatmap".

Ming_0-1663083443782.png

Any idea and suggestion?

hi @Ming 

It is hosed on ArcGIS Server 10.81, and noticed that the Drawing Info says "Unsupported Render: heatmap".

That sounds like an issue with hosted feature service. Would you call Esri support or submit a question in AGOL/Hosted FS queue?

As for the print service issue where the new Map Viewer doesn't include layer name in the legend, appears to be bug to me. Can you pls contact Esri support and have them log an issue? meanwhile we will look in this from our side.

Hi @TanuHoque, confirmed with Esri Canada tech support, the behavior can be reproduced that are seeing in 10.8.1 and Enterprise 11.0 with both a hosted and referenced feature layer and the Esri Case number is  #03150893.
The temporary work around is to use custom element as the layer name and change the logic to keep the layer with heat map legend as first legend, like this:

Ming_0-1663972412027.png

Then found another issue that is for French version, the Low/High in printed legend is not translated into French:

Ming_1-1663972487913.png

Although the heat map legend in the map has been translated to French by changing the map owner's profile and set its default language to French:

Ming_2-1663972607866.png

Update with the bug confirmaton:

BUG-000152748: When the symbology of a layer is heatmap, the new map viewer does not print the name of the layer within the legend.
---------------

The map viewer calls the print service, so actually it is a bug of the pint service, both online and portal.

Update - here is another related bug confirmed:

BUG-000152950: When printing a web map with a legend using heat map symbology in Map Viewer, the language of the legend is English even when the owner's language preference is set to French.

Hi @RobertScheitlin__GISP 

Is this custom widget compatible with the latest version of EB included in ArcGIS Enterprise (v.11)?

Tks,

@EsriPortugal Yes the new 1.9 version should be compatible.

Version history
Last update:
‎11-17-2022 08:13 AM
Updated by: