No disribution substation in assemblies - V2.2

06-28-2024 03:39 AM
HadrienBourdon
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

At RESA we are currently busy with the mapping of the Electrical Network

However when speaking with other member of the UNC over the assetgroup/assettype they choose it appears that we miss distribution substation (Asset_Type_electric_assembly_Electric_Distribution_Station) on our AssetPackage (UNEF v2.2) and also on the brand new 3.0

For example: we searched for the Electric Substation MV (Eletric Assembly Subtype code 29) but couldn't find it. The Subtypes tops at 26 and begins back at 30 so we have a gap...

We have two questions here:

- Is this possible that the UNEF on ArcGIS Solutions has a different version of what UNC proposed? If yes where can we find this one?

- do you know if ArcGIS Solution propose an archive where we could check the oldest version?

Thanks in advance for your help

Best Regards

Hadrien

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jens_Dalsgaard
Frequent Contributor

I urge you to take a look at this white paper believing that it should provide some answers to your ongoing clarification:

https://www.volue.com/news/volue-and-elvia-release-white-paper

Jens Dalsgaard
Principal Product Owner
Power Grid, V O L U E
jens.dalsgaard&@volue.com
Volue Technology Denmark A/S
Alfred Nobels Vej 27
9220 Aalborg Øst, Denmark
volue.com
0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Substation Assemblies were removed.  An assembly cannot contain a structure.  Since we have Bays in Structure Junction, that would mean Substation assemblies cannot contain them.

0 Kudos
Jens_Dalsgaard
Frequent Contributor

Correct.

The question is: Why have bays represented by structure junctions?

Our white paper describes a data model in it's entirety - including substations, bays, etc.

It's an input. Tested out and working.

Jens Dalsgaard
Principal Product Owner
Power Grid, V O L U E
Alfred Nobels Vej 27
volue.com
0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Its more than bays, it is also pole, vaults, etc.  Those could not be contained in an assembly,

0 Kudos
Jens_Dalsgaard
Frequent Contributor

I know this. All these entities are included in the linked white paper. And we have found solutions to all of these challenges. And it has been tested. And it works.

That said, I am aware, that for DSOs having come very far in their modelling work, changing direction may be hard.

I'll leave this discussion for now - my comment was simply an input.

Jens Dalsgaard
Principal Product Owner
Power Grid, V O L U E
Alfred Nobels Vej 27
volue.com
0 Kudos