Select to view content in your preferred language

GIS and Transportation Safety

03-13-2024 07:00 AM
Labels (1)
WenjunYang
New Contributor II

Hi all, I am working as the lead GIS and safety data analyst in Kansas Department of Transportation. I am focusing on using GIS to help data analysis in transportation safety topics. Currently, we are working on developing a data visualization tool on crash data using ArcGIS Dashboard. It is new to us and we would like to share our work within this community. any comments and ideas are welcome. 

Kansas Safety Corridor Pilot Program Story Map & Dash (arcgis.com)

3 Replies
K_Jueckstock
New Contributor III

Wow! This looks fantastic, I so appreciate the walkthrough of how the dashboards work and what the info means. Makes it very accessible. All the dynamic changes via actions within the dashboards are great. It looks like you used story maps, and this is such a cool example of integrating dashboards into story maps to bring it all together. Thanks for sharing, I'm sure it took a long time to make all the components, but it's incredibly thorough and really tells the story. 

TerryBills
Esri Contributor

Dear Wenjun:  This is outstanding!  You can look for my post on LinkedIn (terrycbills) giving your agency great credit!  Not only does your StoryMap have great content, but very well organized and presented!  Great job!

0 Kudos
MikaylaLewis
New Contributor II

An excellent StoryMap! I enjoyed browsing through and it clearly was well written. Are you aware of the specific education strategies that are being used? I am curious what kinds of education are better than others. Thanks!

0 Kudos