Select to view content in your preferred language

First Time Attending Esri User Conference as a Student Assistant!

05-28-2024 07:37 PM
Labels (2)
Jocelyn_Torres
New Contributor III

Hello to all, my name is Jocelyn Torres, and I am a current student at the University of Redlands. I first got involved with Esri at the YPN Redlands Regional Chapter. This is where I was introduced to Esri as a whole and their Young Professional Network outreach. Since then, I was asked to write a blog about my own experience through mentorship! Here is my blog if you guys would love to check it out!

https://community.esri.com/t5/esri-ypn-mentorship/from-mentee-to-mentor-a-dual-perspective-as-a/ba-p...  .

I have continued to develop and strengthen my relationship with Esri, and I am excited to attend the 2024 User Conference as a student assistant. I look forward to meeting and connecting with many more individuals involved with Esri. If anyone has attended before, I would love some tips or advice on what to expect and how I can better prepare!

Tags (1)
13 Replies
RosemaryBoone
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @BR2 - I loved going through your storymap and noticed I am in there too! haha in the background with the picture of you and @JosephKerski ! 

I really love how you took the initiative to create a storymap of your experience being a SA at the largest GIS conference in the world! Many would benefit from you sharing this more widely as others can use this as inspiration to create their resume/cv/GIS portfolio using the same format.

I encourage you to create a post on this Networking space showcasing your storymap encouraging others to do the same! Also, if you'd like to pursue your YPN Content Ambassador badge, you can write a blog on this topic. Feel free to email me at rboone@esri.com to discuss further. 

BR2
by
New Contributor II

@RosemaryBoone LOL! I had to go back and see that picture! 😀 It looks like you were originally supposed to be in the frame. 

Thanks for the suggestion of creating the blog post. I'd love to follow along on the Content Ambassador path and discussing about it soon.

MurshudKazimli
New Contributor II

What field do you want to pursue your career in the future?

0 Kudos
MeredithMartinez
New Contributor II

Hi, Jocelyn! That's amazing, I'm also attending Esri UC 2024! Hope I run into you! 🙂

0 Kudos