Fundamentals Foundation Certification 2201 Exam???

Jump to solution
06-25-2022 09:18 AM
MichaelHarris7
New Contributor II

Will this help me pass the Foundations 2201 exam?  Or is it a waste of time and money?

Thank you so much for your help!

https://certsarea.com/product/dumps-gis-fundamentals-foundation-2201/

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Too costly.

1. The above mentioned resource isn't one of the resources mentioned by Esri

Ref: EGFF2201v3.20220411.pdf (esri.com)

In fact, Esri recommends a Learning Plan, i.e., Esri GIS Fundamentals Foundation Certification 2201 | Learning Plan.

2. Also just completing a question book doesn't guarantee clearing the exam. Rather you should focus on covering the topics under Skills Measured in the Exam Information Guide.

The concepts should be very basic for this certification exam. If you are comfortable with the workflows of ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Online, you should be able to clear the certification.

*Just a note: you need to pass in all the 04 individual modules of the exam, in order to pass the overall exam.

Had it been my choice to make, I wouldn't have spent so much on a Question book/ dump. Rather, use that sum (or less) to purchase an ArcGIS for Personal Use, which includes

ArcGIS Desktop Advanced (ArcGIS Pro and ArcMap) - 1 year subscrription

• The most popular ArcGIS Desktop extensions
  • ArcGIS Desktop software updates
  • GIS Professional Advanced user type
  • 100 credits for data storage, premium data access, and geocoding and analysis
  • A suite of ready-to-use apps for use anywhere, on any device
  • Access to maps and data on thousands of topics in ArcGIS Living Atlas of the World, including foundation content from Esri 
  • Installation support
  • Unlimited access to self-paced e-Learning on the Esri Training website

More Reference: Esri Documentation | Up-to-date documentation for ArcGIS and more | ArcGIS

Think Location

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Too costly.

1. The above mentioned resource isn't one of the resources mentioned by Esri

Ref: EGFF2201v3.20220411.pdf (esri.com)

In fact, Esri recommends a Learning Plan, i.e., Esri GIS Fundamentals Foundation Certification 2201 | Learning Plan.

2. Also just completing a question book doesn't guarantee clearing the exam. Rather you should focus on covering the topics under Skills Measured in the Exam Information Guide.

The concepts should be very basic for this certification exam. If you are comfortable with the workflows of ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Online, you should be able to clear the certification.

*Just a note: you need to pass in all the 04 individual modules of the exam, in order to pass the overall exam.

Had it been my choice to make, I wouldn't have spent so much on a Question book/ dump. Rather, use that sum (or less) to purchase an ArcGIS for Personal Use, which includes

ArcGIS Desktop Advanced (ArcGIS Pro and ArcMap) - 1 year subscrription

• The most popular ArcGIS Desktop extensions
  • ArcGIS Desktop software updates
  • GIS Professional Advanced user type
  • 100 credits for data storage, premium data access, and geocoding and analysis
  • A suite of ready-to-use apps for use anywhere, on any device
  • Access to maps and data on thousands of topics in ArcGIS Living Atlas of the World, including foundation content from Esri 
  • Installation support
  • Unlimited access to self-paced e-Learning on the Esri Training website

More Reference: Esri Documentation | Up-to-date documentation for ArcGIS and more | ArcGIS

Think Location
MichaelHarris7
New Contributor II

Thank you so much!  I have done all that and I have not purchased the CertArea dumps yet.  I was hoping to get others input before I waste time or money.  You are very helpful!  Thank you so much!

JRosalesGIS
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @MichaelHarris7 -- Great question, thanks for asking. @JayantaPoddar is correct.

The best way to prepare for an exam is to review the Exam Information Guide and conduct a self-assessment to identify any skills gaps. Then the Esri Learning Plans and software documentation can be used as additional study references to review the software best practices. Here's a blog that may help you: All You Need to Know About Choosing the Right Exam.

MichaelHarris7
New Contributor II

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos