Esri AcrGIS Entry Level Certification Clueless

Jump to solution
06-23-2022 06:16 PM
Labels (1)
JasonSchmerer
New Contributor III

I have a question about Esri Certifications. I am absolutely clueless and am having a lot trouble finding the right kind of certification and how much it costs in total. I am entry-level with some ArcGIS experience, mainly tutorials through Esri. I have not actually done ArcGIS mapping on the job. I am doing this to help me change focuses in my career and get started in some way in GIS. I think anyway this might be a good start to get going. Does anyone recommend a type of certification for my situation and how much it costs including training and the exam? I am interested in the general urban planning industry. This might change but for now I that is a good area to start. Can anyone help?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
LarryKeyes
New Contributor

Was interested in your question.... I'm in a similar boat...  Systems Analyst with our local electric. utility supporting ARC users.  Just trying to figure out the array of ESRI products that we have has been using has been a challenge as we have several third-party add-ons for our ARCGIS desktop users.  Looks like the learning paths, might be a good place to start: 

https://community.esri.com/t5/esri-technical-certification-blog/prepare-for-your-certification-exam-...

View solution in original post

Suzanne-Boden
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jason, first, kudos on having a goal to start exploring GIS as a career (it's a great field to get into!). When it comes to an Esri technical certification, I'd suggest looking into the GIS Fundamentals Foundation or ArcGIS Pro Foundation–these are two entry-level exams that seem best suited for where you are right now and where you want to go. Both have learning plans that can help you prepare and both cost $250 US. Also, as Larry suggested, watch this video for tips to select and prepare for a certification exam.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
LarryKeyes
New Contributor

Was interested in your question.... I'm in a similar boat...  Systems Analyst with our local electric. utility supporting ARC users.  Just trying to figure out the array of ESRI products that we have has been using has been a challenge as we have several third-party add-ons for our ARCGIS desktop users.  Looks like the learning paths, might be a good place to start: 

https://community.esri.com/t5/esri-technical-certification-blog/prepare-for-your-certification-exam-...

JasonSchmerer
New Contributor III

Thank you @LarryKeyes ! Ill take a look at the link!

Suzanne-Boden
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jason, first, kudos on having a goal to start exploring GIS as a career (it's a great field to get into!). When it comes to an Esri technical certification, I'd suggest looking into the GIS Fundamentals Foundation or ArcGIS Pro Foundation–these are two entry-level exams that seem best suited for where you are right now and where you want to go. Both have learning plans that can help you prepare and both cost $250 US. Also, as Larry suggested, watch this video for tips to select and prepare for a certification exam.