Instructor Copy Needed: Getting to Know Web GIS (5th edition)

Jump to solution
05-01-2023 01:53 PM
Labels (1)
tm4
by
New Contributor

Hello,

I teach a Web GIS course that will be using the 5th edition (we have been using the 3rd).  I need to obtain a copy of the 5th edition so I can update the course outline and revise the course but I see that the 5th edition is not available for sampling.  What is the method for obtaining an instructor copy, either in digital or hard copy format?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
SashaGallardo
Esri Contributor

Hi again,

My mistake, our distributor both sells our books and also fulfills our desk copy program but through different links. Here is the link. 

I'm unsure why you're getting that error, but I sent the book to your dashboard. The next time you log in, you should find it under Publisher Recommendations. You'll accept it and should be able to access it in Bookshelf after that. Please let us know if you continue to have issues. Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
SashaGallardo
Esri Contributor

Hi again,

Thank you, again, for flagging that the above book wasn't included in our print desk/exam copy offerings. We reached out to our distributor to have it added, and I'm happy to say you can find it on the site now: https://www.ingramacademic.com/9781589487277/getting-to-know-web-gis/. If you have questions about this book or ordering, you can reach directly out to them. Thanks again!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
SashaGallardo
Esri Contributor

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. The Getting to Know Web GIS, fifth ed, book is available for sampling; it's possible you were in the retail part of the site. You'll also be looking for the book cover image with the badge in the left corner; that indicates that version of the e-book is available for sampling. Here is the direct link. You can also order a desk copy from our book distributor using this link. Please let us know if you have other questions. Thanks!

0 Kudos
tm4
by
New Contributor

The "direct link" provided results in the following message:

tm4_0-1683131532801.png

0 Kudos
tm4
by
New Contributor

The book distributor link provided states that instructor copies are not processed by them:

tm4_1-1683132212430.png

0 Kudos
SashaGallardo
Esri Contributor

Hi again,

My mistake, our distributor both sells our books and also fulfills our desk copy program but through different links. Here is the link. 

I'm unsure why you're getting that error, but I sent the book to your dashboard. The next time you log in, you should find it under Publisher Recommendations. You'll accept it and should be able to access it in Bookshelf after that. Please let us know if you continue to have issues. Thanks!

0 Kudos
tm4
by
New Contributor

The book is not included in the offerings listed at the link provided to your distributor.  I have written them an email and let you know the outcome.

The digital copy now appears in my VitalSource Publisher Recommendations and is accessible,  Thank you for arranging this.

0 Kudos
SashaGallardo
Esri Contributor

Hi again,

Thank you, again, for flagging that the above book wasn't included in our print desk/exam copy offerings. We reached out to our distributor to have it added, and I'm happy to say you can find it on the site now: https://www.ingramacademic.com/9781589487277/getting-to-know-web-gis/. If you have questions about this book or ordering, you can reach directly out to them. Thanks again!

0 Kudos
DJ_ULCGIS
New Contributor

Hi, sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I am also trying to access the same book (GTK Web GIS, 5th Ed) for a class that I am currently teaching (Fall 2023 semester). It seems that my sample copy which had been accessible through Vitalsource, was recently pulled from the site, and there is no apparent way to obtain an eText copy through Ingram. Am I correct? I have ordered the paperback copy from Ingram, but I really need access immediately! Please advise on how I can access the eText. Is ESRI Press moving away from Vitalsource? 

Thanks,

DJ

0 Kudos
SashaGallardo
Esri Contributor

HI there,

No, there are no plans to move away from using VitalSource at the moment. You can find the instructor version here: https://www.vitalsource.com/educators/products/getting-to-know-web-gis-pinde-fu-v9781589487437. Please let us know if you have other questions. Thanks!

0 Kudos
DJ_ULCGIS
New Contributor

Thank you Sarah! I don't know why it doesn't show up in a search, but I do have access again. Many thanks!

0 Kudos