Getting to Know ArcGIS Pro 2.6 Geocoding update

Jump to solution
02-11-2021 08:38 AM
glennhazelton2
New Contributor III

In the new version of PRO (2.7) The Create Address Locator tool has been replaced with 'Create Locator' There are many changes. I have attached a word document that i have built to address this issue. It would be nice if an addendum was published with this and other changes.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Craig_Carpenter
Esri Contributor

Thanks Glenn,

Esri Press is currently working on an addendum to address the changes to the tool and workflow, we plan to have it published shortly.

Thanks for providing your addendum!

Craig

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Craig_Carpenter
Esri Contributor

Thanks Glenn,

Esri Press is currently working on an addendum to address the changes to the tool and workflow, we plan to have it published shortly.

Thanks for providing your addendum!

Craig

0 Kudos
glennhazelton2
New Contributor III

thanks. please let me know when you get it finished. if i see anything else i will let you know.

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Seems like it was pretty well publicized that after 2.6 the 'traditional'  or 'classic' locator styles would no longer be supported, hence the Create Address Locator tool is gone and Create Locator remains.  The Create Locator Tool has been around since at least version 2.5.  

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
DEWright_CA
Occasional Contributor III

Do you have a link to this? Even the UC sessions on Geocoding last year didn't actually say anything I can recall along that line...

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

@DEWright_CA - see my response to @glennhazelton2 .  I attended a number of geocoding sessions last year as well.  Not sure exactly when/where I found out about it.  Probably around the time 2.6 was released.

glennhazelton2
New Contributor III

Joe, you are speaking from the pt of view of professional. image the issue from a student's view. they know nothing about what has been publicized or what has been around. they are following instructions.

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Despite the fact that I earned my MS in Geography in the last century I still consider myself a student: one of my main resources is the ESRI online help.  At ArcGIS Pro 2.6 it states the inevitable is coming and at 2.7 create address locator is listed as deprecated.  I would encourage your students to join this forum and use the online resources available to keep up with the latest trends.

0 Kudos