When I share a web map from ArcGIS Pro to ArcGIS Online it just says the layers cannot be added to the map. Why is this the case?

04-12-2019 12:42 AM
NicholasDavis
New Contributor
  • There are no errors from the ArcGIS Pro side as when I click the analyze button it says no errors.
  • No issues also with configuration either of the feature classes.
  • The feature classes that I create get added to the ArcGIS Online but the address layers which are from displaying X and Y co-ordinates in an Excel file do not get added to the ArcGIS Online Web Map. Why?
  • I have attached a photo of the layers I want to add. The Connection layer is the only one that goes across to ArcGIS Online which I created from a feature class. 
  • Is it something to do with Co-ordinate systems?  
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
PhilipMcLaughlin
Esri Contributor

Hi Nick,

You would need to import the XY data into a Geodatabase and then add that new feature class to your map... before publishing to ArcGIS online. 

0 Kudos
NicholasDavis
New Contributor

Unfortunately didn't work. Should I convert the coordinate system of all the layers to WGS 1984  Web Mercator Auxillary Sphere or another co-ordinate system. I don't understand why I can create a visualise web map with all the layers but not a exploratory web map. 

0 Kudos