Unable to Publish to GeoPortal Using Publish Client in ArcGIS 10 Desktop

10-07-2010 10:59 AM
BlairDeaver
Occasional Contributor
Hello,

I have setup the Geoportal Extension for ArcGIS 10 on a development environment.  The product has been up and running and I have been able to register two layers using the GPT Publish client. 

Today for some reason I cannot publish any data and in the log files I am seeing the following error message:

"the request could not be completed due to a conflict with the current state of the resource (document failed to validate.)"

See the attached publishClient.log file for more details. 

System Environment:

ArcGIS Server Advanced Enterprise 10
SQL Server 2008 R2
Apache Tomcat 6.0.29
JVM 1.6.0_21-b07

Any ideas??

Thank.

Cheers,
Blair
0 Kudos
5 Replies
MartenHogeweg
Esri Contributor
hi,

can you collect the tomcat log files after setting the debug level to FINEST in logging.properties (WEB-INF/classes) and redoing the publish action? then if you don't mind sharing that log, we can work on resolving this issue.

question: did you update the publish client to version 10 as well?

regards,

Marten
0 Kudos
BlairDeaver
Occasional Contributor
Marten,

Thanks for getting back to me.  I am running the client available with the 10 media download on a ArcGIS 10 system.  I modified the logging.properties settings from "FINE" to "FINEST".  I have captured a fresh set of Tomcat logs.  See attachment for a set of logs.

Like I said it is odd that this worked before and now does not.  I also created a new home fGDB in ArcMap and set it as default, just in case there were issues with an old home fGDB.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
Blair
0 Kudos
CliveReece
Esri Contributor
By "worked before", do you mean you previously published metadata about 'Desktop\geoportal\geoportal_base.gdb' and 'Desktop\geoportal\Untitled.mxd' successfully before using the current system software configuration?  (file names from your log file)
0 Kudos
BlairDeaver
Occasional Contributor
Hello,

Good morning.  This morning I decided to prepare my data environment to send to you, and in doing so it seems I have the functionality working now.  Murphey's Law.  I merely created a new directory on the file system, a new scratch fGDB, copied my project fGDB, set my home gdb to be my new scratch fGDB, and created a new mxd.  Now of course I can publish data.

I suspect the issue could have been one of two:

• An old fGDB located in the app HOME directory

• Permissions issue on the local system

I appreciate your help.  Thanks.

Cheers,
Blair
0 Kudos
MartenHogeweg
Esri Contributor
Glad it was resolved. We'll keep an eye out for this behavior anyways.

M
0 Kudos