Geoportal 2.6.5 showing a error FAIL - Application at context path [/geoportal] could not be started in tomcat 9.0.43

Jump to solution
08-25-2022 03:58 AM
ArunPremachandran
New Contributor II

Hi ESRI community,

I'm trying to locally host the Geoportal 2.6.5 as per the instructions given in the official github link given below

https://github.com/Esri/geoportal-server-catalog/wiki/Installing-Geoportal-Server-2.6.5

Java version using :- AdoptOpenJDK 11

Elasticsearch version 7.9.3

Tomcat version 9.0.43

Still I'm getting a error of Application at context path [/geoportal] could not be started(Screenshot of the same I have attached ). I have followed everything as per the installation documentation but still its not working for me. 

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks and regards

Arun

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ArunPremachandran
New Contributor II

I have solved the issue, the proxy settings of my internet connection was causing the problem. I have removed the proxy and now system has the full internet access and the geoportal up and running without any issues 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ArunPremachandran
New Contributor II

I'm attaching the geoportal log from tomcat 

0 Kudos
YinShi
by
New Contributor III

From your log, it looks like your security configuration is invalid. Can you validate app-security.xml? Also check in your geoportal configuration file to make sure it points to the collect app-security.xml.

org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.BeanDefinitionParsingException: Configuration problem: Failed to import bean definitions from relative location [app-security.xml]
Offending resource: class path resource [config/app-context.xml]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.BeanDefinitionParsingException: Configuration problem: Failed to import bean definitions from relative location [app-oauth.xml]
Offending resource: class path resource [config/app-security.xml]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionStoreException: Line 20 in XML document from class path resource [config/app-oauth.xml] is invalid; nested exception is org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 20; columnNumber: 57; cvc-complex-type.2.4.c: The matching wildcard is strict, but no declaration can be found for element 'oauth:client-details-service'.

ArunPremachandran
New Contributor II

I'm not understanding what's the issue. Actually this same version of geoportal working fine in windows 10 machine and it giving this error in my windows 8,1 OS. 

can you please try to host the geoportal 2.6.5 on windows 8.1 machine and let me know your experience ?  If you able to do that please let me know how you did it ?

0 Kudos
YinShi
by
New Contributor III

Sorry I don't have Windows 8.1 OS. 

The error in your log file indicated that it cannot parse app-security.xml. Maybe OS 8.1 is not parsing that xml correctly. 

YinShi_0-1661540673014.png

ArunPremachandran
New Contributor II

Its not about windows 8.1, actually its unstable in different versions of windows 10 also. We can't insist the client to have correct version of window's 10 in their server right? in my opinion the error starts with "Failed to read schema document 'http://www.springframework.org/schema/security/spring-security-oauth2-2.0.xsd"(which is  in app.oauth.xml in the screenshot you given). I'm completely clueless what to do to rectify this. Do you have any suggestion? Do I need to change any java dependency or java version ? can you specify your java version and tomcat version you are using ?

0 Kudos
YinShi
by
New Contributor III

Here is my configuration:

JDK with Hotspot 17.0.3 + 7

Elastic Search 7.9.3

Tomcat 9.0.62

Geoportal 2.6.5

I do recommend changing the JAVA version to try out and Tomcat version. Those are the only differences.

0 Kudos
ArunPremachandran
New Contributor II

I have solved the issue, the proxy settings of my internet connection was causing the problem. I have removed the proxy and now system has the full internet access and the geoportal up and running without any issues 

0 Kudos