Select to view content in your preferred language

404 error "the requested resource () is not available

07-15-2011 08:01 PM
TaylorDenniston
Deactivated User
Hello all,

I was able to log in using the gptadmin untill i clicked on Administration tab, now i cant even browse to http://localhost:8080/geoportal.

Im using the same setup discussed in the Summer 2011 issue of ArcUser with the exception of jdbc driver, which is "postgresql-9.0-801.jdbc4.jar"

I noticed I had a typo in my geoportal.xml (url=jdbc:postgrewql://localhost:/postgres) After I corrected my typo I started getting the 404 error.

attached is my gpt log file from tomcat 6.

SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener
com.sun.faces.config.ConfigurationException: no web.xml present

this looks bad to me. 🙂 could someone shead some light on this, I'm in over my head on this.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
TaylorDenniston
Deactivated User
I just deleted out the geoportal website and the geoportal.war file from tomcat and reimported the geoportal.war file and made the changes to gpt.xml and Shazzzam!! the planets are aligned again. 🙂

still not sure what happened... fat finger?
0 Kudos
CliveReece
Esri Contributor
Who knows?  Glad it is working for you. 

My guess in retrospect would be that you did not have the JNDI properly set up.  (SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener
com.sun.faces.config.ConfigurationException: no web.xml present)

By default, geoportal.war doesn't come packaged to auto-deploy the JNDI file.  After you create and edit it, you need to restart Tomcat so it gets recognized as geoportal is starting up.
0 Kudos