Apply Asset Package domain error electric utility network

Jump to solution
01-09-2024 09:08 AM
Todd_Kesselring
New Contributor III

I encountered an error while attempting to use the apply asset package tool. The issue was, apparently, that an extra digit needs to be removed in the domain codes for Electric_High_Voltage_Transformer_VA. This comes from the Electric Utility Network Foundation. There are actually repeat Description values with different coded values. It looks like I will need to edit this domain in the foundation. Are there any more issues like this in the Electric Utility Network Foundation?

Todd_Kesselring_0-1704818675343.png

Todd_Kesselring_1-1704819944291.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Todd_Kesselring
New Contributor III

Hi John,

I went ahead and deleted the offending extra entries in the domain Electric_High_Voltage_Transformer_VA and ran the Apply Asset Package tool again. This time it completed successfully after 5 hrs 25mins.

Thanks,

Todd

View solution in original post

14 Replies
JohnAlsup
Esri Contributor

in order for these values to be included in summaries of trace or update subnetwork, then need to be integers and they need to be in a common unit, like VA.  

John Alsup
jalsup@esri.com
0 Kudos
Todd_Kesselring
New Contributor III

I don't think that answer is responsive. The domain network, which came from the electric utility network foundation, caused an error when the apply asset package tool was run. This was because of repeat description values with different codes in the domain Electric_High_Voltage_Transformer_VA.

0 Kudos
JohnAlsup
Esri Contributor

Hi Todd.

If this is an execution of apply asset package with no data, then we will need to know what version of Pro and Enterprise you are using.  Also, can you provide this asset package to me?

John Alsup
jalsup@esri.com
0 Kudos
Todd_Kesselring
New Contributor III

It does have data. I am using Arcpro 3.1.1. I am working in a file GDB. I could provide the asset package to you but this domain comes from the electric foundation and that is what caused the error. I don't even have any high voltage transformers in my data.

0 Kudos
JohnAlsup
Esri Contributor

if the zip file is small, you can email it to me at jalsup@esri.com.  If it's large I can setup a sharepoint folder for it.

John Alsup
jalsup@esri.com
0 Kudos
Todd_Kesselring
New Contributor III

Hi John,

I went ahead and deleted the offending extra entries in the domain Electric_High_Voltage_Transformer_VA and ran the Apply Asset Package tool again. This time it completed successfully after 5 hrs 25mins.

Thanks,

Todd

JohnAlsup
Esri Contributor

HI Todd.  

I just checked in the solutions site and the domain Electric_High_Voltage_Transformer_VA does not appear to have any duplicates in the released model.  Is it possible someone else modified our Asset Package.  If not, can you tell me where you got this Asset Package, I would like to track down where this duplicate got introduced.  

John Alsup
jalsup@esri.com
Todd_Kesselring
New Contributor III

I downloaded the asset package from the solutions site on June 21, 2023. I then populated it with our data using the data loading tools.

DanielleSpain3
New Contributor II

I also had this same problem - just deployed the Electric Utility Network Foundation solution and downloaded it. Both the asset package and utility network included have duplicate conflicting entries in Electric_High_Voltage_Transformer_VA domain table