My work may not be sending my coworker and I to Devsummit because of Coronavirus concerns.

03-03-2020 06:25 AM
TroyFoster
Occasional Contributor

I saw the faq ( https://www.esri.com/en-us/about/events/devsummit/register#faqs ) about how the convention center will have increased hand sanitizer stations. But as someone said "You can lead a horse to water but you cant make them drink", and some people are disgusting and do not use hand sanitizer or wash their hands.

I know Esri has done webinars before with pre-planned scheduling and coordination. Is there anything in the works for live streaming more sessions than just the keynotes? Or am I just stuck watching the presentations in a month or so on the Esri events youtube channel?

9 Replies
ValCannon2
New Contributor III

I'm concerned about a possible last minute suspension of authorized travel at my organization. I would be very interested in more live streaming.

TroyFoster
Occasional Contributor

The decision from management came down restricting non-required travel unfortunately.

On the bright side two rooms just became available at the Hilton right next to the convention center for people that are still attending.

AmyNiessen
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello all - as of right now, there are no plans for any other livestreaming than the Plenary. Should that change, we will definitely let you all know. Thank you for sending along your questions. We will address them as we can.

AndrewQuee
Occasional Contributor III

On a similar-but-not line, my organisation has heavily reduced travel funding (i.e. to zero) so we would also appreciate more online resources like livestreaming.  In reality corona virus or not, we will not be able attend these and similar events so a move to digital methods would be welcome.

TroyFoster
Occasional Contributor

I saw the devsummit page was updated and the live event part of the conference is canceled and the plenary is getting livestreamed, with later release of recordings of the tech sessions.

Is the livestreamed plenary going to be on Youtube or will it be some other platform?  I would like to do some sort of communication check to make sure that my coworkers and I can access it through my work's firewall filters and if not make plans for viewing it at home or elsewhere.

0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Not sure on the streaming details - but this was just announced   Watch the Esri Developer Summit Live 

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

2020 Esri Developer Summit: March 10, 2020 | Sign Up for the Livestream 

The Developer Summit will be a virtual event and not a live, in-person conference due to the continuously evolving circumstances surrounding the coronavirus.

TroyFoster
Occasional Contributor

Hopefully Esri people will see that question and take it into account for their friday crisis meetings and will have an answer by monday.

0 Kudos
MichelleMathias
Esri Community Manager

Hi Everyone, Check out this blog https://community.esri.com/community/events/devsummit/blog/2020/03/07/your-guide-to-the-2020-esri-de... 

Michelle Mathias
Manager, Community Experience & Programs
0 Kudos