Runtime ArcGIS geodatabase conversion to GDB

08-04-2017 11:15 AM
MichaelKnapp
Occasional Contributor

Hi there - 

We've been given an ArcGIS Runtime geodatabase (attached) and need to convert it to a file geodatabase to use it in ArcMap. 

I'm assuming that we can use the "Copy Runtime Geodatabase To File Geodatabase" tool to accomplish this. However, the conversion fails. It's possible that the source geodatabase file is corrupt, but also wanted to ask the community if this is the correct workflow, since this is not something I use very often.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You are using the correct workflow/tool.  I tested your uploaded file and get an error as well.  The error code help states to contact Esri Support.  In all likelihood, the runtime geodatabase is corrupt.

MichaelKnapp
Occasional Contributor

Great, thanks for taking the time to look at the file Joshua. 

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Runtime geodatabases are simply lightweight geodatabases stored in SQLite.  You can open a runtime geodatabase using an SQLite client (GUI or CLI) and extract some of the data.  I was able to open the runtime geodatabase and see some tables and data in them.  My guess is that the runtime geodatabase metadata might be corrupted, which prevents the geoprocessing tool from converting it.

MichaelKnapp
Occasional Contributor

Great, thanks for the additional information!

0 Kudos