runtime 100.2 broken 2525 symbols

05-15-2018 11:04 AM
EricGlover1
New Contributor

I'm running the runtime 100.2 ArcGIS FeatureLayerShapefile sample. This has been configured in QT Creator using c++. When running the map does display when the dataPath is pointing to the proper shp files in the directory. After it builds and runs I receive a message from the log saying "Dictionary_adapter::construct_cim_symbol_ FAILED to create_SymbolX for id=S-G-USS2--_2, Inserted NULL".

I am unable to find the string anywhere. In the code, my dataPath is pointing to the .shp file and another dataPath I have it pointing to my mil2525c_b2.stylx file. Also, could this be a bug. This is on a linux.

Does anyone know what this issue is or how I can fix it. Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Can you provide your code/project so we can test? You mentioned it is the FeatureLayerShapefile sample but it also sounds like you may have modified it to use some dictionary renderer/military symbology with the style file, and the error message seems related to the symbols.

Also, does everything seem to work, only you get this error message? Or is it not rendering as expected/crashing?

0 Kudos
TroyFoster
Occasional Contributor

This looks familiar . . .

This was from a modified version of the FeatureLayerShapefile sample to load in mil 2525 with a dictionary renderer.

0 Kudos
TroyFoster
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos