Select to view content in your preferred language

Pro equivalent to ArcSDE Java API SeGeometry

08-02-2024 12:09 PM
BartPittari
Emerging Contributor

I'm currently in the process of analyzing some migration paths off of some spatial updates my group supports that currently use the Java API SeGeometry tools below. 

First question: I'm assuming that these will be fully deprecated by the end of the mature support for ArcMap? 

Second question: What is/has taken its place on the Pro side (is it Python, C#, both, neither, something else)?  We use Oracle as our DB (19c currently, but likely to move forward soon). 

https://community.esri.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=java+api

jsde_sdk.jarContains the ArcSDE Client, and Geometry Java API class files.
jpe_sdk.jarContains the ArcSDE Projection Engine Java API class files.
concurrent.jarProvides standardized, efficient versions of utility classes commonly encountered in concurrent Java programming.
icu4j_3_2.jarICU4J libraries required for globalization.

• com.esri.sde.sdk.client provides classes that expose ESRI's ArcSDE server functionality. Applications created with this package can establish a connection to an ArcSDE instance, query a layer, and otherwise communicate with an ArcSDE server.

• com.esri.sde.sdk.geom contains classes that implement the OGC (Open GIS Consortium) Geometry interfaces.

• com.esri.sde.sdk.pe provides classes to define coordinate systems and to transform data between different coordinate systems.
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
0 Replies