Potential bug regarding views created in an sde database?

Jump to solution
2 weeks ago
RPGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

I am not sure if anyone else has experienced this issue, but I have an issue with one of my attribute rules where my arcade expression validates but cannot be saved.

I am using 10.9.1 for the sde database. I just wanted to know if this is a sde version issue or a general issue. I am still exploring other means to see if I can circumvent the issue or find another potential solution around it.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RPGIS
by

It turns out that in order for attribute rules to identify any view(s) the view(s) need to be registered with the enterprise sde database.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor

There are a number of enterprise geodatabase platforms, even if you don't consider the four different flavors of each RDBMS, so your problem statement is missing critical information.

Please specify the exact RDBMS in use (major and minor version, at least), the geodatabase release of the EGDB, the table definition, the exact attribute rule, and the exact Arcade expression in use.

- V

0 Kudos
RPGIS
by

ArcGIS Pro - 3.2+

Enterprise - 10.9.1

Arcade Expression Version - 1.0.0+

var Asset = $feature.assetnum
var Location = $feature.location
var Check = $feature.CheckWorkOrder

var Query = 'location = @Location OR asset = @Asset'
var WO = OrderBy( FeatureSetByName($datastore, "table.MaxWOs"), 'reportdate DESC' )
if ( Boolean( Filter( WO , Query ) ) ){
    WO = Filter( WO , Query )
    Console( First( WO ) )
    }

The view is created using a linked server so I wouldn't be able to post the definition for it here.

0 Kudos
RPGIS
by

It turns out that in order for attribute rules to identify any view(s) the view(s) need to be registered with the enterprise sde database.

0 Kudos
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

@RPGIS  When you say "registered with the database", do you mean "registered with the geodatabase"?

0 Kudos
RPGIS
by

Yes. It has to be registered with the enterprise sde geodatabase.

0 Kudos
Bud
by
Notable Contributor
0 Kudos