Please restore ArcScripts

08-28-2016 11:43 PM
StephenLead
Regular Contributor III

Anyone trying to visit http://arcscripts.esri.com is redirected to ArcGIS Code Sharing - but the old content from ArcScripts has not been ported across.

I get that ArcScripts is no longer active, but this does not mean that all of the content on ArcScripts is useless. There is many YEARS' worth of user contributions on ArcScripts, which will be lost if this resource is removed.

Esri - can you please remove the redirect on http://arcscripts.esri.com and just include a note telling people to check ArcGIS Code Sharing for up-to-date code? 

thanks,

Steve

ping Jim Barry

Tags (1)
58 Replies
JimBarry
Esri Regular Contributor

I'm sorry about the broken link. Not sure how that happened. Regardless, here is the new link to the same document:

Dropbox - ArcScripts_Items.xlsx --  https://www.dropbox.com/s/njj6xqectp2hvo3/ArcScripts_Items.xlsx?dl=0 

I also went up to the 2017 post you mentioned and edited the post to show that the old link is broken, and I added the new link. 

RykTaljaard
New Contributor

Can anybody possibly provide me with a copy of the Arcview 3.x extension file "Define RGB Color", # 11088 according to the ArcScripts_Items.xlsx list, or alternatively the file "createcolors.avx" please?

Alternatively any other extension that will allow me to define colors in another way than Arcview's Hue/Saturation/Value option please? Specifically for Arcview 3.x please.

JimBarry
Esri Regular Contributor

Found it. Here's a link to it:

Dropbox - AS11088.zip 

0 Kudos
RykTaljaard
New Contributor

Great stuff, thank you very much!

MattWilkie1
Occasional Contributor III

Jim Barry‌, when you have a moment I'm looking for "15287, Geographic Transformation formula maps, GeographicTransformationMaps.zip, AS15287.zip"

0 Kudos
JimBarry
Esri Regular Contributor

Matt:

Sorry for the delay. I just noticed this message today.

I don't have it in my ArcScripts database, but Rob Burke from Esri is the one who uploaded that back in 2007.

I just sent him an email asking if maybe he still has it.

- Jim

0 Kudos
JimBarry
Esri Regular Contributor

Here goes.  Inside the .zip are 3 PDFs.

Dropbox - GT_formula_maps.zip - Simplify your life 

0 Kudos
MattWilkie1

Thank you Jim!

I've started a GitHub project to collect the scripts people have found useful enough to resurrect. Contributors welcome:

GitHub - envygeo/arcscripts_archive: a) listing of content published to Esri ArcScripts before it we... 

MattWilkie1

@JimBarryI'm now looking for 14222 and 14420 (links go to web.archive.org for 2011).

• WhereHaveAllTheLicensesGone.zip - WhereHaveAllTheLicensesGone it is as easy as ever to display information about ESRI product licenses and their current users.
  • arcuserkill.zip - ArcUserKill is just a GUI front end to the lmutil.exe executable that is run from the command line.

Thank you very much for your time when you see and get to this.

In Github I've added some ArcView3 scripts that were added to this thread since the last time I paid attention to it. I may not have captured everything as it's a bit hard to follow the links.

0 Kudos