Joining data for time slider

11-17-2016 03:42 AM
AlexandruAntonica
New Contributor

Yes , another problem joining the data for timeslider. 

Problem:

I'm trying to join the datas from a time based table to a table of a map layer with europes contries. (I will insers picture bellow so you can see better).

Europes table has 32 entries and my table has much more. I'm doing the join based on CNTRY_NAME attribute.

Before I ask the question I searched the web for answers and found this : Possible Solution but this not worked either.

The table from the map layer

My data time table

The joining phase

The result

What am I missing here? Or is there any other solution for this ?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlexandruAntonica
New Contributor

Please, noone knows ?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

why is France selected? was it selected prior to the join?

0 Kudos
ChrisDonohue__GISP
MVP Alum

Some ideas:

• I suspect you need to do some data cleanup.  For example, the MyEurope table shows some Nulls in the CNTRY_NAME field.  Therefore you will have to decide what to do with those records, as they lack the information needed to do the Join.  If they are needed, populate the CNTRY_NAME field for them as appropriate.  If they are not needed, I would export a copy of your data by selecting all the CNTRY_NAME IS NOT NULL and then proceed with that  exported file to do the Join.  Take some time to go through your data and see if it makes sense.
  • After you do the Join, save the joined dataset off as a new feature class.  This will make the the feature class with the information permanent.  Make this layer time-enabled. This can help avoid an wierdness that can crop up due to an active join.

Chris Donohue, GISP

AlexandruAntonica
New Contributor

Yeah but how will this help me to get almost 5000 entries from "Good" table into the "My Europe" table ?

What i want to do is while playing the timeslider(year by year) the europe layers colors should change based on the NO_REF column.
I definetly don't have enough experience with arcgis to say that this is the only method (the one mentioned above). 

0 Kudos