Is this the Python Forums?

Jump to solution
07-08-2014 05:59 AM
JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor

Is this GIS Developers section where I'd ask/post about Python related items?

I have to admit I am entirely lost on the this new format as it is such a drastic departure from any logical approach to an forum I've been a part of.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

There is a specific python section ( Python‌ ) and you may want to check out the Geoprocessing site in the Communities section for other options

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
32 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

There is a specific python section ( Python‌ ) and you may want to check out the Geoprocessing site in the Communities section for other options

0 Kudos
JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor

Thanks Dan!

So, I am guessing that all of the posts are gone from the old forums as I don't see anything in the new Python section.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I don't think they are done with the migration...in the interim, you can still search the old forums, but they are in read-only format

0 Kudos
JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor

If I click the "Forums" menu item from the ArcGIS Resources pages it automatically takes me here to GeoNet.  I don't see any way to get at all of my old posts!

0 Kudos
TimSpivey
Occasional Contributor III

For archived discussions prior to late 2010, bang on this - HOME - ESRI Discussion Forums

0 Kudos
JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor

That was the best format of all the board layouts!  I LOVED how you could collapse all of the sections and only keep what you wanted to view.

Unfortunately, I was referencing the forums that were there yesterday, not 2010.

Thanks!

FrankGarofalo
Occasional Contributor III

Hello James,

Your past posts should be at: /people/jamesfreddyc/content

IanMurray
Frequent Contributor

The old forums did get ported over, if you search content and show oldest date created it has threads from 2009 to present in the new geonet community.  I agree though this new format for the forums will take alot of getting use to.  Perhaps if they had a forum guide or tutorial posted it would be more helpful.

0 Kudos
JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor

Hi Ian!

I searched my username but none of my old posts show up.  Maybe I am doing something wrong?

Thanks!

0 Kudos