Go directly to a feature in a webmap via external application

07-20-2019 03:03 PM
ChrisLovelace
New Contributor

Hello all,

I am trying to create an onclick action for a "View in ArcGiS" button within our companies internal job tracking system that will query an existing hosted webmap with the text that is selected with the internal app. 

I can get the web app to open but just am unable to insert in the query automatically and have the map search...

any help is appreciated.

Thank you!!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Egge-Jan_Pollé
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Chris Lovelace,

Can you please elaborate a little bit more on your project? What API are you using? What steps did you take until now? As a first step towards automation: can you describe how you would go about to execute the query in the web app manually?

The more information you provide, the easier it is for community members to help you 🙂

HTH,

Egge-Jan

0 Kudos
ChrisLovelace
New Contributor

Hello,

Thank you for the  response. Here is what I have so far:

i have the web map created and all features (which are searchable) are included. 

Currently , I am selecting the built in search object and typing in the feature name I am looking for. (ie. “12345” which zooms to the exact feature with that name in the map)

My external App tracks the construction progress of these specific features and I am looking to create , in the external app, a simple button that will pull the feature name (which will be selected in the app) , open a browser window, pull up the web map and search for the Selected feature automagically. 

I have the service url already created which pull the app up but I am missing the knowledge of how to include the feature search in the url. 

0 Kudos