Select to view content in your preferred language

Data Expression Date Formatting Dashboard Arcade

Jump to solution
08-31-2023 07:32 AM
BugPie
by
Occasional Contributor III

I have a Data Expression in a Dashboard that is used to create a table. Works great, was built by someone else.

I have one change I need to make but have been unable to get the syntax correct. I'm trying to get the table to return the date as a date only, no time.  

The bottom half of the code is attached here. I left out the variables and portal item stuff. How do I get Date only in the return? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

That part of the code isn't the issue. A date field is always going to include time, regardless of whether a time is specified when the data is created. To change how it displays, you'll need to use Advanced Formatting, then use something like Text($datapoint['Due_Date'], 'MMM DD, YYYY') to get an output like Aug 31, 2023.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

That part of the code isn't the issue. A date field is always going to include time, regardless of whether a time is specified when the data is created. To change how it displays, you'll need to use Advanced Formatting, then use something like Text($datapoint['Due_Date'], 'MMM DD, YYYY') to get an output like Aug 31, 2023.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
BugPie
by
Occasional Contributor III

Oh for goodness sake, I'm so disappointed in myself! 

OK, this makes so much more sense on why I could figure out how to use the code block to format the return. It's formatting!! That did the trick and I am eternally grateful for your help... again.