Create a mapbook for a particular select data

09-07-2016 08:49 AM
raviprakash
New Contributor

Hi all, I need a map book of my search result with GP Service .upto now we have a one map document which getting data from oracle database . I published the map document. I have a good hand in Arcpy. So, create a model based on the example of GP : Selecting data Geoprocessing service example: Selecting data—Documentation (10.3 and 10.3.1) | ArcGIS for Server . Now for the pdf file look like a map book. Upto my knowledge Data driven page is best for the Mapbook.
Can anyone give me direction how to create a mapbook service with Select data.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
FreddieGibson
Occasional Contributor III

You should probably start with Building map books with ArcGIS. The Create a map book with facing pages page should give you a quick python example to show the bulk of the workflow.

For a more specific answer you'll need to be more specific in your question as the workflow will vary significantly depending on how you're wanting to implement it. Typically when I take this approach I already have map documents hosted on my server that already have data driven pages setup and I leverage the GPService to determine what data needs to be added to the maps and what pages to export. You can see an example similar to this on the Advanced web map printing/exporting using arcpy.mapping page.

0 Kudos