Converting Features to Graphics for services.

01-05-2016 01:58 PM
JASONREMILLARD
New Contributor II

Hello,

I was wondering if there is any reasons to convert Features to Graphics in order to improve performance for published services.

My situation is I have building footprints, which is of course a polygon feature class, but if I convert them to graphics does this make the performance better in mobile apps?

If performance would be improved, I would probably do this for the footprints, parcels and roads all as my basemap?  Just checking to see if anyone has ever looked into this?  I couldn't find anything online about the performance aspect.  Thanks in advance!

Jason

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I can find no reason or suggestion posted to think that graphics would improve performance.  Reducing redundant geometries and attributes I can see as a possibility.  I suspect you will have to experiment yourself using either choice to see if there is any improvement, since your data cannot be replicated by others

0 Kudos
EricBader
Occasional Contributor III

If all you need is to have these (building footprints, parcels, roads) as basemap/reference layers, then probably the best performance you'd get is to create a tiled map service for these.