Can ArcGis do what i need?

12-17-2019 08:58 AM
IngoRandolf
New Contributor

Hello.

I am evaluating arcgis for a mobile-app and would like to know if i can realize certain things with it.

Until now i played around with some examples in Qt/QML and looked into the forum, so i have a basic understanding what it can do but could not answer all my questions.

The project should be realized with Qt/QML, but also other SDK would be fine if they provide features i need.

1. Modifying night
Is there a way to control how the night on a globe looks like?
I still want to see the day-night-effect on a globe but turning on sunLighting makes the night-side too dark.
Can i set a light into space?

2. Mixing base-maps
I would like to show a night-map on the night-side of a globe, so we can see the city-lights.
Is it possible to mix, or overlay the base-layer with another layer?
Is it possible to get the shadow-texture to use as an alpha-map on another layer?

3. Particle system
Is it possible to run my own particle-system with shaders (glsl) on a globe (or over a map)?

4. Stars
Is it possible to use different stars? A map showing the milkyway would be nice.

5. Scaling kml
Is it possible to scale objects loaded via kml to arbitrary sizes?

Thanks for any feedback or pointers to documentation so i know if i can use arcgis or if i have to look for alternatives.
- ingo

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ingo,

> I am evaluating arcgis for a mobile-app and would like to know if i can realize certain things with it. ... The project should be realized with Qt/QML

I can't answer your specific questions, but please take a look at these resources:

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos