Campus place locator

Jump to solution
12-10-2015 08:26 AM
BrianLomas
Occasional Contributor III

I've been working with the Campus place locator template and I was just wondering if using the "internet information services manger" is the only way to convert it to an application to place it on our server? The instructions for the template only gives that as a method. I do not have access to that on my computer.

Link to publishing template information... Publish application - Campus Place Locator | ArcGIS for Local Government

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

What I did was copy in the folder for campus place locator and then browsed to the location.

You should be able to do the same on your windows server. Copy the folder to the same root as the other apps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Brian,

Do you have a folder on IIS where you have other html or scripts that you can access on the web?

0 Kudos
BrianLomas

I have never used IIS and as far as I'm aware we don't use it. We do have several apps on a windows server.

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

What I did was copy in the folder for campus place locator and then browsed to the location.

You should be able to do the same on your windows server. Copy the folder to the same root as the other apps.

0 Kudos
BrianLomas

I did try that but when I try to open the application it just opens an empty browser.

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Can you post the link?

0 Kudos
BrianLomas

I got it to work. I was not entering the server address correctly. Thanks for your help and patience on this I'm new to using/configuring application templates.