C# for ArcEngine

11-16-2015 02:41 AM
MUTAHARHEZAM
New Contributor

I have tried to find some books or resources about using C# with ArcEngine but unfortunately I couldn't find. Does anybody here have an idea about that, any help would be very appreciated.

Thnaks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
FreddieGibson
Occasional Contributor III
MUTAHARHEZAM
New Contributor

I have this book, I haven't started with it because I couldn't be sure about how much it will be useful for me, but now with your suggestion, I will go ahead with it..

In the same time I hope the book has a lot of example to start with, it is my favorite to learn with exercises, since you know the book, do you think it will fit my purpose?

Thanks Freddie Gibson

0 Kudos
FreddieGibson

I believe that there should be plenty of samples in the book to help you with your task, but I've never honestly gone through the book. I usually just pull it up when I need to look to see if it has examples for interfaces I don't use that often.

One of my colleagues, Alexander Nohe​, learned ArcObjects recently and may have used this book. He may be able to give some insight on the usefulness of it.

AlexanderNohe1

As a general overview of ArcObjects, I thought it was wonderful.  It is really great at getting most of the common workflows and patterns understood.