Select to view content in your preferred language

batch create steepest path

07-13-2014 05:57 PM
hoho
by
New Contributor II

Dear All:

I have write some code on VBA to create steepest path from the given points and DTM (Raster) and store the 3D Line in the Polyline Layer, but the result for those Polyline Line is different compare with using the 3d Toolbar by click one by one, when i run the VBA, some output polyline will go to the neighbor cell of my given point and then flow to the steepest path, i have attached the result create by the code and the result that i expect and also the code here, does anyone know what problem is it (any setting in isurface??) or have see it before, Please Help and Big thanks

figure_01: the topo and the point

figure_02: the result that i create by running my code

figure_03: the zoom in result of figure_02

figure_04: my expect result created by using the 3d Toolbar (create steepest path)

figure_05: the zoom in result of figure_04

Code      : the coding

Regards

Roy Ho

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

May be the steepest path tool hooks into environment settings? You can set environmental settings with ArcObjects, it is discussed here but I don't know if they affect 3D analyst objects?

0 Kudos
hoho
by
New Contributor II

Dear Duncan:

I have check the setting already, and haven't find my solution, but beside using "pSurface.GetSteepestPath" Method, i find that the arcmap command is useful for me to do the same thing to create graphic object, but i don't know how to use VBA to looping and clicking all the point on the screen, do you have any idea on it, thanks

Regards

Roy Ho

0 Kudos