Attachments() function "Not available"

03-22-2019 12:59 PM
FrancisHourigan1
Occasional Contributor

I have a point feature layer with photos as attachments. This layer was created by uploading the zip file to ArcGIS online per the newest update. The attachments are links to my OneDrive folder. However, in both the symbology and the pop-up configuration windows the Attachments() function is "Not available"...  Why?

5 Replies
ErikEndrulat
Occasional Contributor

Francis Hourigan‌ - I noticed the same thing. It appears this function is only an option using the Arcade 'Calculate Field' utility.

FrancisHourigan1
Occasional Contributor

Do you know how to enable Arcade'Calculate Field" utility? Shouldn't it just be available by default with the most recent ArcGIS online release?

0 Kudos
ErikEndrulat
Occasional Contributor

Should be available to anyone with ArcGIS Online, or at least anyone with edit permissions. Here's some info on how to access it : https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-online/data-management/create-custom-field-calculat...

0 Kudos
MaiSwasdichira
New Contributor II

Hi guys,

I have the same problem here. There was another post and someone suggested that I have to turn the syn/tracking enable off in the feature layer setting. I did that and the Attachments function was still grey out and not available.

I wonder if someone can help with this issue. Thanks.

NickLiBassi
New Contributor

You can use the Arcade Attachment function in Calculate Field to calculate an attachment id. Then images can in a popup using that new field. Details are here.

0 Kudos