ArcGis Pro keeps crashing when I attempt to add erase point to my model

04-27-2017 10:24 AM
PejvakZaimaran
New Contributor II

Hi, I am building a model in ArGis Pro and I am attempting to add the erase point tool and when I try to run it the system crashes. Any idea why? And can someone explain how I can remove the additional points outside of the buffer layers, is it with the clip tool? I first set a buffer tool and the input is set to parameter and I am attempting to have the points outside of the buffer zone to be removed when you run the model, any suggestions?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

why don't you try a select by location and keep the points that are within the buffer.  If selections are made, only those features will be used in subsequent steps in either scripts or models.

PejvakZaimaran
New Contributor II

Hello Mr. Patterson, let me try that. I had buffer tool set, then the dissolve tool, so instead I want to have the select by location tool first and then the dissolve tool? Again thank for the fast response.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You might want to elaborate on what your model entails completely.  I was suggesting that if you already have a buffer and you only want to use points within the buffer, then select by location would be the obvious next step...once those points are selected, the question remains... what do you need to do with them?  They will be selected and only those points will be used in subsequent steps, whatever they may be.

PejvakZaimaran
New Contributor II

I am building a model for users to apply to any map and be able to find different points of interest within a proximity of each other and be able to perform analysis.

0 Kudos
PejvakZaimaran
New Contributor II

in a nut shell.

0 Kudos
PejvakZaimaran
New Contributor II

the select by location, I had chosen intersect for relationship, should I choose within?

0 Kudos