Select to view content in your preferred language

App Login feature for native iOS Runtime SDK

Jump to solution
11-06-2019 06:02 AM
SerhiiKyrylenko
New Contributor III

There is a way to authenticate on behalf of User using App Login Rest API Implementing App Login | ArcGIS for Developers but is it available for using with Runtime SDK? Documentation suggest to use AGSAuthenticationManager class for that: “

• Client credentials: registration requires a client ID, client secret, and a redirect URL. The user does not need to enter a login, but rather is granted access on behalf of the app.”

... but there is no any way to provide client secret for the AGSAuthentication manager class methods either in Documentation or header files of ObjC library.

So the question is how to implement App Login using native iOS SDK instead of using Rest API?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nicholas-Furness
Esri Regular Contributor

Out of the box we don't provide a component to do this, but it's very easy to create one and then hook into AGSAuthenticationManager's challengeHandler pattern to provide App Login tokens as needed.

See this conversation on GitHub and the sample Gist code that goes with it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Nicholas-Furness
Esri Regular Contributor

Out of the box we don't provide a component to do this, but it's very easy to create one and then hook into AGSAuthenticationManager's challengeHandler pattern to provide App Login tokens as needed.

See this conversation on GitHub and the sample Gist code that goes with it.

SerhiiKyrylenko
New Contributor III

Thanks, Nicholas, with your guidance I’m happy to know I was looking into correct direction for solution and feel full confidence now. Once I’ll get full info regarding exact features which are intended to use with App Login within App, possibly I’ll contact directly to discuss if need. 

In addition, while playing with all this auth functionality discussed on Github, I’ve faced with strange behavior of not getting any callback for Portal load method under specific circumstances. Once everything is double checked I’ll provide description of this possible issue.

Thanks for help and detailed explanations!