Any examples of using esri/layers/LayerMapSource

07-16-2015 07:40 AM
OliviaGill1
New Contributor

I'm trying to add REST map services from a JSON file I have. The file includes the service url values and I'd like to add these to a map. Users click on a table of contents and the service name and owner are returned including the url text but not sure how to add the service to my basemap:

$(document).ready(function () {
        for (index in jsonString.Land) {
            $('#land ul').append('<li><a href="#" data-owner="' + jsonString.Land[index].owner + '">' + jsonString.Land[index].name + '</a></li>');

}

for (index in jsonString.Air) {
            $('#air ul').append('<li><a href="#" data-url="' + jsonString.Air[index].url + '" data-owner="' + jsonString.Air[index].owner + '">' + jsonString.Air[index].name + '</a></li>');

}
        for (index in jsonString.Water) {
            $('#water ul').append('<li><a href="#" data-url="' + jsonString.Water[index].url + '" data-owner="' + jsonString.Water[index].owner + '">' + jsonString.Water[index].name + '</a></li>');

}
        for (index in jsonString.Heritage) {
            $('#heritage ul').append('<li><a href="#" data-url="' + jsonString.Heritage[index].url + '" data-owner="' + jsonString.Heritage[index].owner + '">' + jsonString.Heritage[index].name + '</a></li>');
        }
        for (index in jsonString.Waste) {
            $('#waste ul').append('<li><a href="#" data-url="' + jsonString.Waste[index].url + '" data-owner="' + jsonString.Waste[index].owner + '">' + jsonString.Waste[index].name + '</a></li>');
        }

$('a').on('click', function () {
            $('#show').html($(this).attr('data-owner') + '<br>' + $(this).attr('data-url'));
        });
    });

I'd hope to add a variable featurelayer that indexes the JSON string?

0 Kudos
0 Replies