Advanced Attribute Rules on Versioned FC - "Objects in this class cannot be updated outside of an edit session."

04-27-2021 12:25 PM
TL2
by
Occasional Contributor III

Are there limitations on versioned FC when working with advanced attribute keywords.  I am attempting to do an update on another FC and I receive this error when triggering the rule.  "Objects in this class cannot be updated outside of an edit session.

My rule works when it is not versioned and I receive this message when it is versioned.

I can't find any documentation on this.

@XanderBakker 

@HusseinNasser2 

6 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

What type of versioning are you using: Branch or Traditional?  We been working with Branch versioning and a number of attribute rules without any problem.

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
HusseinNasser2
Esri Contributor

Is the target class has the same version registration as the source class where the attribute rule reside?

TL2
by

Source - Archive enabled (for use in Survey123)

Target - Versioned Dataset

0 Kudos
HusseinNasser2
Esri Contributor

This is by design. The edit session on the unversioned archived class can't be used to edit the target versioned class. You can however do the opposite, If you had your attribute rule on a versioned class you can let it edit a row in an unversioned class.

JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Take a look at the help page.  It provides:

Batch calculation and validation rules in an enterprise geodatabase are evaluated using the validation server for datasets that are branch versioned. To add these rule types, the database connection must have Versioning Type set to Branch.

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
TL2
by

I am not using Batch, just on insert/update.  But they may share the same limitation when editing a non-like FC types.

0 Kudos