Select to view content in your preferred language

Validate Topology Failed

10-31-2011 11:00 AM
DougKampe
New Contributor III
I have a topology between 2 features (1 point and 1 polygon) and when I try to validate 1 rule (points shall be covered by polygon) I get an error message. The message is:

"Validate Topology Failed. A failure was detected inside the topology engine overlay processor. [error id:220]"

Anyone know what that means and how to remedy it? I'm using ArcMap 10.0 and Windows XP SP 3.

Doug
0 Kudos
3 Replies
NanaDei
Esri Contributor
Hi Doug,
Try to reproduce the issue with a sample dataset in a File geodatabase. You can subsequently attach a zipped file of the file geodatabase for review.

Thanks
0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor
Doug,

Have you seen this knowledge base article:
http://support.esri.com/en/knowledgebase/techarticles/detail/34668

It may point to the issue you're running into.  Do you have a Must Not Overlap rule defined?
0 Kudos
DianeMcConnaughey
Occasional Contributor
I am having a problem with Validate Topology - ArcMap Crashes, with "unexpected Problem caused.....".  Arc  10.2 Windows 7.   I only have one rule - must not overlap.  It is a buffer of selected streams, dissolved.  136 features in the buffer.  Only one feature in the GDB, 2.7 MB.  I have tried several approaches - zooming in to one or two features,  really zooming in to an area I suspect has an overlap, creating a new GDB, importing the feature and creating a new topology.    I have also tried validating in ArcCatalog after creating a new topology.  I also tried a check out license vs a network license and moving the data from Network to Local drive.  I also did a repair geometry then tried to validate.
0 Kudos