Two Way Replication Problem

06-20-2014 07:28 AM
KevinLaughlin
New Contributor III
Hello!

I have two SDE gdbs, one will be static, and the other will be for any edits. I want to replicate my static to the edits gdb using a two-way replica. However, I keep getting Error 000582 - which simply says that there is some sort of validation error. The problem is that I cannot really determine what it is. The replica is named properly. I'm using two SDE gdbs to enable a two-way replication. I'm not entirely sure what could be the problem.

I have had old replicas between the two (I've been testing for a little while now), but I've deleted, unregistered, and compressed each gdb, so I'm not sure that anything would be hanging on to be creating problems.

I've had some success with creating one-way replications, but it will replicate some feature datasets, and will not copy others. There really doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it, because it will copy relationship classes and related tables from these layers, just not the layers themselves.

I don't know, maybe I'm missing something here, but it seems strange to me.

I'm using the newest release of ArcMap, and I'm fairly sure Server and SDE are at 10.2.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
7 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor
Hi Kevin,

Try creating the replica using the 'Create Replica' tool on the Distributed Geodatabase toolbar.  This may report a more descriptive error that will assist in trouble shooting this issue.
0 Kudos
KevinLaughlin
New Contributor III
Using the Distributed Geodatabase toolbar was a big help, thanks for the tip!

It's still doing one strange thing: the create replica from the toolbar will run fine, with no error. When you check the replica database, it has replicated the layer's related table, but not the layer itself. I've refreshed the database, but it just doesn't seem to be appearing.
0 Kudos
HeatherMcCracken
Esri Contributor
Can you check that dataset to see if it has all the things it needs to support 2 way replication? Do you have GlobalIDs and is it versioned?
0 Kudos
KevinLaughlin
New Contributor III
Heather,

Sorry, a few other things have come up, so I didn't check until just now.

There are global IDs, and it is versioned. It's just the DEFAULT version, but I've had it work before while just using this.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
KevinLaughlin
New Contributor III
It seems, at this point, to be connected to the presence of a relationship class. If the class is internal to the feature dataset, it will perform the two-way replication. If it is external to the feature dataset, it will simply copy the external table (and nothing in the feature dataset).

Has anyone else encountered this problem?
0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor
I could not reproduce this at 10.2.2 using SQL Server 2012.  What RDBMS are you using, and what version of ArcGIS?
0 Kudos
KevinLaughlin
New Contributor III
SQL Server 2008 Express. We're at least on 10.2 (not at 10.2.2)for server/sde.

(I'm not sure if this could help, but)My ArcGIS Server/SDE is located on a separate domain. I'm in the local county engineer's office, and our auditor's office has Server/SDE, the allow us to use/have access to it. The only problem being, since we are on separate domains, I cannot create a Database Server connect (I get a little blank square over the server symbol), and, from what I've been told, it's because of authentication issues. Hopefully (if that made sense to you) that might be able to tell you a little more.

Thanks!
0 Kudos