The specified coordinate exceeds the valid coordinate range

Jump to solution
01-31-2017 09:01 AM
DanMattheis
New Contributor II

I have a feature dataset (SpaceUse) with two feature classes (floor_space and int_walls).  All interior wall features are within floor_space polygon features, both have the same extent.  When I import them into SDE, floor_space draws fine, but int_walls throws the "The specified coordinate exceeds the valid coordinate range" error.  I'm using 10.3.1.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanMattheis
New Contributor II

Problem resolved!  A tool that was feeding me data was forcing M and Z values.  Disabling M and Z values in Environments resolved the problem.  Thanks to those who took the time to help.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DanMattheis
New Contributor II

Hi Asrujit,

I looked, none of these seem to be at the root of my problem.

0 Kudos
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

Is the issue reproducible if you have the Feature class outside the Feature Dataset?

0 Kudos
DanMattheis
New Contributor II

Sorry for the slow response.  I get the same result whether the feature class is in the dataset or not.

0 Kudos
AbdullahAnter
Occasional Contributor III

It could be solved, if you increase False Easting or False Northing. but may be cause geometry Error.

So

I Think this question should be shared in Coordinate Reference Systems Group.

0 Kudos
DanMattheis
New Contributor II

Changing the False Easting/Northing is not an allowed where I'm at.  Good thought though.  Thanks for the input.

0 Kudos
DanMattheis
New Contributor II

Problem resolved!  A tool that was feeding me data was forcing M and Z values.  Disabling M and Z values in Environments resolved the problem.  Thanks to those who took the time to help.

0 Kudos