Synchronize mosaic data set

02-12-2015 07:59 AM
IgnacioGuerrero
New Contributor

Hello,

I added rasters  a mosaic data set by using a wildcard filter on a folder  (example *abc*) to add a subset of the files. I added a new file to the folder that meets the filter criteria. When I synchronize, I gives and error "Completed crawling 0 data source items" and the mosaic dataset is not updated. If I do the same with no filter (i.e  loading all the files in the folder), synchronization works. Any ideas about what is going on?

Regards,

IG

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ignacio,

Try specifying a LIKE query within the Synchronize Mosaic Dataset tool.  For example, apply the same wildcard filter for the Name field.  Ex:

screen1.png

0 Kudos
IgnacioGuerrero
New Contributor

Thank you Jake, I tried your suggestion but unfortunately it did not work. Note that the mosaic data set was created initially with a file filter  (*abc*). I was able to update the mosaic data set using "Add Rasters", the original filter criteria and selecting "EXCLUDE_DUPLICATES". This updated the mosaic data set with the new file (it meets the filter criteria). The end effect is the same that I expected from "Synchronize". Nevertheless, I am still interested in using Synchronize if I can make it work.

0 Kudos