Sync Replica Schema Change - Not Working

09-13-2012 04:12 AM
DavidAlvarez
New Contributor II
Hello,

I am trying to sync schema changes between two databases (SDE). The replica type that I am an using is One-way, child-to-parent replication.

The procedure that I am following is:

1. Run Compare Schema

2. Run Import Schema Changes

When I run it I get a message "there are no schema changes". But I know there should be. The child has two new feature classes.

Is there are something that I am missing?

Thank you
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MandarPurohit
Esri Contributor
Hi Davidalvarez76,

Adding new feature classes to one end of a replica would not qualify as a 'schema change'. You will need to recreate the replica to include the new feature classes. (or you can add new feature classes programmatically: How to add a feature class or table to an existing replica.)

A list of applicable schema changes can be found at : Working with schema changes.

- Mandar
0 Kudos
HeatherMcCracken
Esri Contributor
There is a sample GP tool on the Geodatabase Code Gallery that will add datasets to an existing replica (the code from the Dev help topic that Mandar referenced is used to implement these tools)

Please take a look at these - hopefully these can help you.
http://resources.arcgis.com/gallery/file/geodatabase/details?entryID=56ECA068-1422-2418-A093-2245A84...

There is a second gp tool that will Sync schema changes to the relative replica, and sync the data in one process.  This tool may be of use to you also.
0 Kudos
ToddLaQuay
New Contributor III
Is their and update to the sample GP tool for ArcGIS 10.1?  Or will this v10.0 sample work?
0 Kudos