Spatial Reference Issue

Jump to solution
08-06-2014 06:26 AM
JeffPecce
New Contributor II

I have some features in a PGD that I am trying to load into an SDE feature class.  The coordinate systems are exactly the same; however, the load fails every time because the spatial references do not match.  Is there a way to work around this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeffPecce
New Contributor II

Im not sure.  Just to update I figured a work around.  I created a file GDB with a new feature dataset and imported the coordinate system directly from my SDE feature class.  Then I imported the external data into the file GDB.  This corrected the spatial reference issue and I was able to load the external data into SDE.

Thanks for the help

Jeff

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

could you provide both please so people can have a look...could be something small

0 Kudos
JeffPecce
New Contributor II

Thank you for the reply Dan.  Below is the coordinate system of the SDE feature class that I am trying to import into.

Below is the coordinate system of the PGD feature class.  I do not see any difference or reason why this would not work.  I see the extents are different, but would that cause this issue?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

The extents do differ...I don't work with SDE files, so would that be an issue trying to get them together?

0 Kudos
JeffPecce
New Contributor II

Im not sure.  Just to update I figured a work around.  I created a file GDB with a new feature dataset and imported the coordinate system directly from my SDE feature class.  Then I imported the external data into the file GDB.  This corrected the spatial reference issue and I was able to load the external data into SDE.

Thanks for the help

Jeff

0 Kudos