shift line features

04-12-2014 06:46 AM
MalgorzataMendela
New Contributor III
Hello,
could you please help me to solve the problem with moving one feature class (ob28.shp) closer to the other one (SWRS_opol_ref.shp)? There should have been changed only the location of the ob28.shp. Which tool would be appropriate for that?

Thank you.

Regads,
Gosia
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AnandRao
Occasional Contributor
Hello,
could you please help me to solve the problem with moving one feature class (ob28.shp) closer to the other one (SWRS_opol_ref.shp)? There should have been changed only the location of the ob28.shp. Which tool would be appropriate for that?

Thank you.

Regads,
Gosia

Hi Malgorzata

Start editing ob28.shp > select all features > select Edit tool [ATTACH=CONFIG]33053[/ATTACH] > Left click on the selected feature > hold >and move where ever you want to move

Regards
Anand
0 Kudos
JoshuaDamron
Occasional Contributor III
Start editing ob28.shp > select all features > select Edit tool [ATTACH=CONFIG]33053[/ATTACH] > Left click on the selected feature > hold >and move where ever you want to move

I'm pretty sure that is the info you are looking for.  The only thing I would add is that if you needed to snap a specific point on your feature to another feature, when you are in the Edit tool you can move the selection anchor (the �??x�?�) for a selected feature.  You can do this by holding down Ctrl while you hover over the selection anchor. When the pointer changes to the �??move�?� pointer, click the selection anchor and drag to another location.  As you drag you can snap to that new location based upon that anchor point.

You can find a lot more shortcuts & tricks in this document: http://www.esri.com/library/brochures/pdfs/arcgis-desktop-tips.pdf
0 Kudos