Shapefile to Geographix file

06-11-2014 01:57 PM
KarisSmith
New Contributor
Does anyone know how to convert a shapefile to a file format that is useable by geographix.  I am not sure of the file extension by think it might be a .gly.   So I need to go from .shp to .gly.     Anyone?  Please?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor
The Data Interoperability extension does convert from a shapefile to a Halliburton GeoGraphix format that has a *.cdf extension.  Would that work?  Please advise.

Regards,

Robert LeClair
Esri-Denver
0 Kudos
KarisSmith
New Contributor
Thank you, Robert.

When I click on the Data Interoperability Tools in my Toolbox the only two options that pop up are Quick Export and Quick Import.  When I try to click on the Quick Export, it gives me a red x.  Does that mean I do not have the type of license that can use that tool?  Is there another way to convert to the  *.cdf without using that tool?  

Again, Thank you for your help.
Karis
0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor
That's correct Karis.  The extension requires a purchase from your Sales person at Esri and once authorized, then you would go into Customize->Extensions and check the box for Data Interop.

There may be 3rd party applications you can purchase/download but within Esri software, this is the only way I know of.

Regards,

Robert
0 Kudos
MELISSAHIGGINSON
New Contributor

How can I get a shapefile exported from Geographix to work with the .GLY attached? How do you convert/fix these? They never work. Going from Geographix to ARCMAP.

0 Kudos